Ruby Tuesdays – Open Mic Night
WHEN: Every Tues night
WHERE: The Ruby Room
TIME: Open 19:00 Close around 2:00am
CHARGE: Free entrance, All Drinks 500 yen (two-drink minimum.)
Every Tuesday night, The Ruby Room hosts Tokyo’s most well-known open mic. The open mic has been going strong for ten years. There is great mix of Japanese and foreign acts, acoustic and electric, who come by to perform many different kinds of music in the Ruby’s casual atmosphere. There is no cover charge. It’s a great place to enjoy yourself and meet other interesting people. Come down to play with your band, or just watch and have fun. Viva la musica!
How It Works
- There is no charge to play.
- Each musician or band signs up on the list by time-slot and
then you can play for 15 minutes (plus 5 minute set-up time)
- Sign-up is on a first come-first served basis.
(first time performers may register to play by telephone or email..)
- If it is your first time, you may register to play by telephone or email.
Call 03-3780-3022 after 7pm or contact us.
- Ruby Room staff can help set up the equipment and adjust the sound.
- Performers are encouraged to invite their friends.
- Musical genres include rock, jazz, blues, acid jazz, experimental etc.
Bands that impress the staff may get a chance to play a gig at The Ruby on Friday or Saturday! Ask staff for info or contact us.
- Please bring your own cable to play at Ruby Room.
- No rental cable .
- Guitar amp: Roland BC-60
- Guitar amp: Marshall JCM600
- Bass Amp: Hartke Kickback 15
- Mics (3) SHURE SM 58
- Mic Stands (3) K & M
- Stage Monitors: Classic Pro
- Drum Set: Pearl
- DJ MIXER DJM-600
- CDJ (2) CDJ-1000
- TURN TABLE (2) Technics SL-1200